Complete Current Affair for the Month of August 2021
Tokyo Olympic 2020 Medal Winners.
India ranked 48th in the medal tally table.
Mirabai Chanu Silver Medal in Weightlifting (Women’s 49kg).
Indian Hockey Team Bronze Medal in Men’s Hockey tournament.
PV Sindhu Bronze Medal in Women’s Single Badminton.
Lovlina Borgohain Bronze Medal in Women’s Welterweight Boxing.
Ravi Kum Dahiya Silver Medal in Men’s 57 kg Wrestling.
Bajrang Punia Bronze Medal in Men’s Freestyle 65kg Wrestling.
Neeraj Chopra Gold Medal in Men’s Javelin Throw: 87.58(First Gold Medalist from India in Olympics 2021.
- e-RUPI was launched by PM Narender Modi to promote digital Payment. They will provide the e-voucher for the shopping.
- Serum Institute founder Cyris Poonwala got the Tilak award.
- India with Kazakhstan has conducted 5th Joint Training Exercise “KAZIND-21.
- Deepak Das appointed as new controller General of account.
- The World Economic Forum’s annual Sustainable Development Impact Summit 2021 will be held in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Operation Devi Shakti has been given to India’s Evacuation Mission from Afghanistan.
- India ranked 2nd in Cushman Global Manufacturing Risk Index 2021, by overtaking the USA.
- Abhay Kumar Singh has been appointed as joint secretary in the Ministry of Cooperation.
- Wanchuwa Festival 2021 is celebrated in Assam.
- PM Modi to chair the United Nation Security council for the month of August. It is for the first time in the last 75 year for India to chair the Security council.
- NTPC has launched India’s largest floating solar Power project at its Simhadri thermal station in Andhra Pradesh.
- “Be Internet Awesome” program launched by Google to bring awareness among the Children against child abuse.
- La Ganesan has been appointed as the Governor of Manipur.
- Sonu Sood was appointed as the ambassador for the “Desh ke Mentor” initiative launched by the Delhi Government.
- India has recently finalized a deal with Russia to buy a sizable number of AK-103 series of assault rifles for the Indian Army.
- Shaili Singh has won the silver medal in Long Jump in World Athletics U20 Championships 2021.
- Theme for the World Water Week 2021 is “Building Resilience Faster“.
- Firozabad was changed to Chandra Nagar in Uttar Pradesh.
- Maldives style water villas soon to be developed in Lakshadweep.
- INS Vikarant, first made in India aircraft carrier.
- Sar Bhaja and Sarpuria to get GI tag from Kolkata. This is the type of sweat.
- India had built the world height road in the Umalinga Pass, Ladak.
- Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated world’s second-largest refurbished gene bank in New Delhi.
- Padma Sachdev passed away. She was the noted Dogri poet, first to write in Dogri Language. Dogri Language is spoken in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Kalyan Singh former CM of Uttar Pradesh passed away. He was a two time CM in 1991 and 1997. In 1992 when the Babri Masjid was demolished he was the CM at that time.
- Chhattisgarh has launched the ‘Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Bhumihin Majdur Nyay Yojana’ for landless families.
- Hisar Airport has been renamed as Maharaja Agrasen International Airport.
- Dhriti Banerjee became the first woman to be appointed as the chief of zoological survey of India.
- Rajiv Gandhi Kel Ratan award renamed as the Major Dyan Chandra Ratan award.
- Ayesha Malik was appointed as the first woman judge of the Pakistan Supreme Court.
- Thol lake wildlife Sanctuary and Wadhwana of Gujarat , Sultanpur and Bhindawas lake are the four sites added to the Ramsar Site list.
- Bimal Prasad ,Sujata Prasad and the author of the book titled “The Dream of Revolution: A Biography of Jayaprakash Narayan”.
- India’s highest altitude herbal park situated at a height of 11,000 feet was inaugurated in Uttarakhand.
- India has launched a tech platform named “UNITE Aware”, in collaboration with United Nations organizations.
- Ismail Sabri has been appointed as the Prime Minister of Malaysia.
- Hakainde Hichilema has been elected as the new president of Zambia.
- PR Sreejesh has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Kerala adventure tourism.
- Pankaj Kumar Singh appointed as the new DG of BSF.
- Sadbhavna Diwas is observed every year on 20th August to commemorate the birth anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi.
- Soorarai Pottru has won the “Best Feature Film” Award at the Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (IFFM) 2021.
- Lionel Messi has signed a two-year deal with PSG(Paris Saint-Germain) football club, after leaving Barcelona.
- The Odisha state government will sponsor Indian Hockey teams for 10 more years.
- Bangladesh was the most polluted country across the world in 2020, according to British company HouseFresh.
- India carried out the bilateral naval exercise Konkan with the United Kingdom.
- Fortified Rice will be provided under all schemes in India by 2024.
- 75 new Vande Bharat trains have been announced on the Independence Day to connect all parts of India.
- Harshit Raja has become India’s 69th Chess Grandmaster.
- Zydus Cadila vaccine approved by India for the children under the age of 12 to 18 years. It will have three doses.
- N.K. Singh was elected as the president of Institute of Economic Growth Society in the place of Manmohan Singh.
- Kaziranga National Park has become India’s first national park to be equipped with satellite phones.
- India has set 2047 as the target for becoming ‘energy independent’ by PM Modi.
- ‘Gati Shakti’ Infrastructure Scheme has been announced by PM Modi for boosting employment opportunities and productivity of industries.100 Lakh Crore
- 14 August has been declared to be observed as ‘Partition Horrors Remembrance Day’ by PM Modi.
- Maharashtra has created the Rajiv Gandhi Award for Excellence in Information Technology (IT).
- The Indian Navy has taken part in the USA country’s Navy-led multinational SEACAT exercises.
- Chhattisgarh has become 1st state to recognise Community Forest Resource Rights in Urban Region.
- Uttar Pradesh government has renamed Kakori Train Conspiracy to Kakori Train Action.
- “Bungus Awaam Mela” has been inaugurated in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Australia has participated in Malabar exercise 2021 along with India, US and Japan.
- Shakib Al Hasan has been named the ICC Men’s player of the month for July.
- Kamlesh Kumar Pant has been appointed as the new chairman of National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA).
- Rajkumar Rao has been appointed as the first brand ambassador of Cashify.
- 2nd edition of Zair-Al-Bhar exercise conducted in the Persian Gulf between the navy of India and Qatar.
- The Indian Navy will conduct a naval exercise named “AL-Mohed AL-Hindi 2021” Exercise with the Saudi Arabia Navy.