Check out the One liner’s current affairs of January 2022. It covers completely all the important events that happened in January. It is hard to go through all the current affairs in detail during the revision. At this insistence this one liner current affairs will be a great help to the aspirant preparing for the government exam and general awareness for all the exams like SSC, Railways, UPSC or the State PCS.
In this blog, topics of current affairs like important appointments, current Affairs from the Sport section, Important days that were observed during this month with complete details and the awards that were given during January 2022 are compiled under the single blog with the PDF.
National and International news are filtered by the expert teachers of our team. Who have gone through the daily analyses of this month and only the important ones with their static parts are put on it, which are also given for complete revision at the last moment.
Important Current Affairs of January 2022
- Paytm Payments Bank became the largest and fastest growing UPI beneficiary bank in India (first beneficiary bank in the country to achieve the landmark of over 926 million UPI transactions in a single month.
- UCO Bank in partnership with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has launched ‘RuPay Select Contactless Debit Card’ with a host of benefits for its premium/HNI (High Networth Individuals) customers.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated an ‘MSME Technology Centre’ Puducherry.
- The Ministry of Civil Aviation will establish India’s first-ever Heli Hub in Gurugram, Haryana.
- Mission Amanat initiative launched by the Railway Protection Force (RPF) of the Western Railways zone of Indian Railways, to help railway passengers get back their lost luggage.
- Axis Bank has partnered with MinkasuPay to offer a biometric authentication solution for net banking payments in merchant apps using Fingerprint or Face ID.
- India has ranked 83rd in the latest Henley Passport Index 2022.
- Karnataka will host the next University Khelo India Games in 2023.
- “Indomitable: A Working Woman’s Notes on Life, Work and Leadership” is the autobiography of Arundhati Bhattacharya.
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has launched India’s first Mobile Honey Processing Van at Ghaziabad.
- Kochi has become India’s first city to have a Water Metro Project after the launch of its first boat in December 2021, namely ‘Muziris’.
- The Ministry of Railways has approved renaming of the Kevadiya railway station to Ekta Nagar railway station in Narmada district of Gujarat.
- India has signed an agreement with Denmark to work together in joint research and development on green fuels including green hydrogen during the Joint Science and Technology (S&T) Committee meeting.
- “Saa₹thi” mobile App launched by the Securities and Exchange Board of India. Headquarter is at Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- The first BRICS Sherpas meeting of 2022 was held virtually on January 18-19 2022 under the chairmanship of China.
- Microsoft has signed a $69 billion deal to buy US gaming giant Activision Blizzard.
- Telangana government has launched the Mana Ooru Mana Badi programme.
- The Odisha government has partnered with the United Nations’ World Food Programme to improve the food security of small and marginal farmers of India by enhancing their resilience to climate change.
- Nusantara has been selected as the new capital of Indonesia.
- Kerala’s Kumbalangi village became India’s first-ever sanitary napkin-free village.
- Chandrachur Ghose author of the new biography titled “Bose: The Untold Story of An Inconvenient Nationalist”.
- Ramgarh Vishdhari Wildlife Sanctuary is expected to be formally notified as a tiger reserve soon before the Global Tiger Summit. The Global Tiger Summit will be held in Russia.
- India’s first Graphene Innovation Centre will be established in Kerala.
- India has signed an MoU with France for cooperation in health research, Science and Technology Ministry.
- Western Naval Command of the Indian Navy has conducted a joint maritime exercise Paschim Lehar (XPL-2022).
- Padma Shri awardee Milena Salvini passed away recently. She was a Kathakali dancer.
- Mansukh Mandaviya has digitally launched revamped CGHS (Central Government Health Scheme) website and mobile app, ‘MyCGHS’.
- India has ranked 85th in the Corruption Perception Index (CPI) 2021 released by Transparency International. New Zealand, Denmark and Finland have topped the list.
- Reserve Bank of India announced that, government has notified a draft scheme for amalgamation of Punjab & Maharashtra Cooperative (PMC) Bank with Unity Small Finance Bank. The Headquarter of Unity Small Finance Bank is in Mumbai.
- Lucknow’s IPL franchise, which is owned by Sanjiv Goenka, has been renamed Lucknow SuperGiants.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has unveiled a grand statue of iconic freedom fighter Netaji Subhas Chand Bose in New Delhi at the place of Amar Jawan Joyti.
- Kerala has got first-of-its-kind State-level bird atlas in India.
- A pictorial book telling the stories of 20 unsung women freedom fighters was released by the Culture Ministry.
- Tamil language drama film “Koozhangal” has won the best film award in the Asian Film Competition category at the 20th Dhaka International Film Festival (DIFF) 2022.
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) had conducted 12-day maritime drills ‘Neptune Strike ’22’ in the Mediterranean Sea.
- Thiru R. Nagaswamy passed away recently. He was an Epigraphist, Archaeologist, Historian.
- Scientists in Wuhan have warned of a new variant of coronavirus—NeoCov, currently circulating in South Africa.
- Russia, Chinese and Iranian navies undertook naval exercises CHIRU-2022 in the Gulf of Oman.
Important Appointment of January 2022
- José Daniel Ortega Saavedra has sworn in for 5th term as the president of Nicaragua.
- Raghuvendra Tanwar has been appointed as chairman of the Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR).
- S Somanath has been appointed as the 10th Chairman of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and secretary, department of space (DoS).
- Alikhan Smailov has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of Kazakhstan.
- Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas has been appointed as the next chief economist of the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
- Rajkummar Rao is appointed the brand ambassador of RenewBuy for its 1st 360-degree consumer advertisement campaign.
- Manoj Pande has been appointed as the next Vice Chief of Army Staff.
- Pushp Kumar Josh has been appointed the new chairman and managing director of Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL).
- Neeraj Chopra has been appointed as the brand ambassador of GoodDot.
- Urvashi Rautela has been appointed as the ambassador for the ‘Mission Paani Jal Shakti’ water conservation campaign.
Sport Current Affairs of January 2022
- Savita Punia was the captain of the Indian squad at the Women’s Hockey Asia Cup 2022 to be held in Muscat, Oman. In which India won the bronze medal defeating China.
- Smriti Mandhana has been named as the 2021 ICC Women’s T20 player of the year.
- Tata Group has replaced Vivo as the title sponsor of the Indian Premier League (IPL) for the 2022 & 2023 seasons.
- Ajaz Patel was awarded the ICC Player of the Month award for December 2021.
- Robert Lewandowski has won Best FIFA Men’s Player 2021 at The Best FIFA Football Awards 2021.
- Aslan Karatsev of Russia has defeated Andy Murray to win the men’s single title at the Sydney Tennis Classic 2022.
- Mumbai and Pune will host the 2022 AFC Women’s football Asian Cup India.
- Neeraj Chopra has been honoured with the Param Vishisht Seva Medal on the eve of Republic Day by President Ram Nath Kovind.
- Smriti Mandhana has won the “Rachael Heyhoe Flint Trophy” for “ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year” at 17th International Cricket Council Awards for the year 2021.
- Sir Garifield Sober trophy for ICC men’s award to Shaheen Afridi.
- ICC men’s T20 of the year award to Mohammad Rizwan.
- ICC ODI cricket Player of the year award given to Babar Azam.
- ICC Test cricketer of the year award given to Joe Root.
Important Days in January 2022
- National Youth Day is celebrated every year on 12 January.
- Indian Armed Forces Veterans Day is observed on 14 January every year.
- 16 January will be celebrated as the StartUp Day in India.
- National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) celebrates its Raising Day every year on 19 January.
- International Customs Day is observed every year on 26 January.
- Himachal Pradesh Statehood Day is celebrated every year on 25 January.
- On 25 January, National Voters Day and National Tourism Day is celebrated.
Awards given in January 2022
- HDFC Bank has been named as the ‘Best Private Bank’ in India at the ‘Global Private Banking Awards 2021.
- Harshaali Malhotra has been awarded the 12th Bharat Ratna Dr Ambedkar Award 2022.
Padma Award of 2022
On the occasion of 73rd Republic Day in India, 128 Padma awards were given by the President Shri Ram Nath Kovind. In which 4 Padma Vibhushan, 17 Padma Bhushan and 107 Padma Shri are given. Total 34 awards were given to the women, 10 to NRI and 13 awards were given to persons after their Death (Posthumous).
Important names in the list are as follows.
- Ms. Prabha Atre
- Shri Radheyshyam Khemka
- General Bipin Rawat (First CDS of India)
- Shri Kalyan Singh (Former CM of Uttar Pradesh)
- Shri Devendra Jhajharia (Indian Paralympic javelin thrower)
- Shri Satya Narayana Nadella (CEO of Microsoft)
- Shri Sundararajan Pichai (CEO of Google)
- Shri Cyrus Poonawalla (Founder of Seram Institute)
- Shri Natarajan Chandrasekaran (Chairperson of the Tata Group)
- Shri Sumit Antil (Indian paralympian and javelin thrower)
- Shri Pramod Bhagat ( Para-badminton player)
- Shri Neeraj Chopra ( Javelin thrower won gold medal in Olympic)
- Ms. Avani Lekhara (Para-Shooter)
- Shri Sonu Nigam (Singer)