Check out the One liner’s current affairs of February 2022. It covers completely all the important events that happened in February. It is hard to go through all the current affairs in detail during the revision. At this insistence this one liner current affairs will be a great help to the aspirant preparing for the government exam and general awareness for all the exams like SSC, Railways, UPSC or the State PCS.
In this blog, topics of current affairs like important appointments, current Affairs from the Sport section, Important days that were observed during this month with complete details and the awards that were given during February 2022 are compiled under the single blog with the PDF.
One liner Current Affairs of February 2022
National and International news are filtered by the expert teachers of our team. Who have gone through the daily analyses of this month and only the important ones with their static parts are put on it, which are also given for complete revision at the last moment.
On 1st February 2022 Nirmala Sitharam presented her third budget. This year there were no question hours nor Zero hours.
- Duration of the Union Budget was short this year of 92 minute.
- GDP growth was 9.2%.
- Amrit Kaal, a 25 year plan was launched.
- Crypto currency 30% tax + 1% transaction charge.
- The GST collection was the highest of all time. The total collection was about 1.40 lakh crore.
- e-vidhya channel will be Increased from 12 to 200.
- 400 new Banda Bharat trains will be launched.
- Economic Survey 2022 presented by Nirmala Sitharama in the Lok Sabha.
- GDP was forecasted to be 8.0-8.5% in Financial year 22-23.
- Inflation was 5.6% and the Fiscal deficit was 3%. In 2021.
Important Current Affairs of February
- Baba Iqbal Singh passed away at the age of 95. He was the Social worker and refeome. He got Padama Shri in 2021.
- India’s first GEO Park to come up in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh.
- Fearless Governance book was released, this book was written by Dr. Kiran Bedi. She was the first female IPS officer of India. She worked for 45 years in governance.
- SeHAT scheme launched by the Defence ministry for military personnel and their family health service.
- Torgya Festival was celebrated by the Monpa community of Arunachal Pradesh. It is celebrated in the gap of 3 years.
- The Election commission of India launched the mascot “Shera” for the Punjab Election. This month there is an election in 5 states and 1 UT.
- Hoysala Temple is nominated for the UNESCO site. It is located in Karnataka.
- Antonio Costa from the Socialist party was re-elected as the Prime Minister of Portugal.
- Operation Sandbhwana was launched in Jammu and Kashmir for the educating the youth and bringing nationalism in them is launched by the India Army.
- International arbitration center will be set up in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- Bakhira Wildlife Sanctuary in Uttar Pradesh and the Khijadiya Wildlife Sanctuary in Gujarat were added to the List of Ramasar sites in India. Now India will have 49 site in it list.
- Global Center of Excellence in Affordable and clean energy launch at IIT Dharwad, Karnataka.
- Tata Sky tied up with Netflix and changed its name to Tata Play.
- ISRO will launch it Third Chandrayaan 3 by August 2022. Chandrayaan 1 was launched in 2008 and the Chandrayaan was launched on 22 July 2019, but it crashed land on the Moon. Chandrayaan 3 will study the south region of the moon’s surface. Chairman of the ISRO is S. Somnath.
- IUCN designated Aravalli biodiversity Park in Haryana as the India first “Other effective area-based conservation measures”(OCEM) site.
- Patanjali Ayurved Limited has tied up with Punjab National Bank to launch a contactless Rupay card to buy Patanjali products.
- Golden Langur are found in the Kakoijana Forest of Assam. To protect them, the Government wants to declare this forest as a wildlife Sanctuary.
- Republic Day best tableau was won by the Uttar Pradesh Tableau of Kashi Vishwanath temple.
- The USA has become the largest trading partner of India and the second largest partner is China.
- Hoshnabad city of the Madhya Pradesh name changed to Narmadapuram.
- Bhopal to be renamed to Bhojpal to honour Raja Bhoj. Who ruled Madhya Pradesh in the 11th century.
- To identify the new place for the cultivation of Saffron in Arunachal Pradesh and Meghalaya. A Saffron bowl Project is launched. Iran is the largest producer of Saffron, India is 2nd largest producer. Now only in Kashmir saffron is cultivated.
- Lata Mangeshkar passed away at the age of 92 on 6th February 2022. She was born in Indore on 28th September 1929. She was honoured with Bharat Ratan in 2001. She was Known as the Queen of Melody.
- Golden Boy Neeraj chopra book written by Navdeep Singh Gill.
- Swarajability is an AI based web-portal developed by the IIT Hyderabad. This portal will list the Job for the Didabled people from where they can apply for the Job.
- Sourav Ganguly laid the foundation stone for the 2nd largest cricket stadium of India in Jaipur, Rajasthan. It is the third largest cricket stadium in the world.
- Largest igloo cafe has been opened in Gulmarg, Jammu and Kashmir. It was developed by Syed Wasim. It has the seating capacity of 40 people at once.
- Actor Praveen Kumar Sobti passed away. He belonged to the Punjab. He was famous for his role of Bhim In Mahabarat. He was also the discus and hammer throw player of India.
- Operation “Aaht” launched nationwide by the RPF to curb human trafficking.
- The Bird Walk exhibition was conducted in the Kawal tiger Reserve in Telangana.
- Instagram has launched the campaign ‘Take a Break’ to encourage teens to take a break from social media.
- India topped the Global Digital Skills Index 2022. This report was released by Salesforces.
- Surat will have the first Bullet Train of India. This will connect Ahmedabad with Mumabai. The Train is developed by Japan.
- ISRO launched the EOS-4 (Earth observatory Satellite) on 14 February 2022 it was the first satellite launched by India in this year. The Taiwan Inspire sat Satellite was also launched along with it.
- Pardhan Mantri Sampadha yojana extended till 2026. It was launched in 2017 for developing the infrastructure of the Farmers.
- Spituk Gustor Festival is celebrated in Ladakh.
- 11th edition of Eastern Bridge exercise between India –Oman military exercise held in New Delhi.
- GAIL India Limited has started India’s first project of mixing hydrogen into the natural gas system at Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
- PM Modi has inaugurated a 216 feet tall “ Statue of Equality” in Hyderabad.
- India’s first electronic waste eco-park will be set up in New Delhi.
- Union Bank of India has launched MSME Rupay card, in association with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
- India and Japan conducted a joint military exercise ‘DHARM Guardian-2022 in Karnataka.
- Mumbai has been ranked 5th most crowded city in the world according to the Tom-Tom report. The most crowded city of the world is Istanbul.
- PM Narendra Modi addressed the One Ocean summit, virtually hosted by France along with the United Nation and the World Bank. To counter China in the Indian-Pacific ocean.
- India ranked 46th out of 167 countries in Democracy Index 2021 released by the Economic Intelligence Unit. Finland ranked 1st and Afghanistan ranked at bottom 167th.
- NABARD has launched the JIVA Program to promote natural farming. NABARD was established on the recommendation of Shivaraman committee on 12 July 1982. Dr. G.R. Chintala is the head of NABARD.
- Medaram Jatara 2022 festival celebrated in Telangana by the Koya Tribe. It is the 2nd largest festival.
- The Ministry of Railway will set-up a state of art wrestling academy in Indian Railways at Kishanganj, Delhi. It will be the biggest training centre in India.
- Veteran Singer and Music composer , Bappi Lahiri passed away at the age of 69.
- SIDIBI has launched a “Waste to Wealth creation” program for women of the Sundarban in West Bengal. 50 women will be trained to recycle the waste
- Russian President Valdimir Putin recognizes separatist eastern Ukrainian region Donetsk and Luganak as a separate region as the area is a Rebel area wanted to be free from Ukraine.
- “ A nation to protect” book authored by Priyam Gandhi Mody.
- India and France signed a Roadmap on the Blue Economy.
- Assam launched India 1st Night Navigation mobile App to guide the ferry service in Brahmaputra at night.
- Indian Railways 1st solar power plant will be set up in Bina Madhya Pradesh.
- Operation Ganga was launched by the government of India to bring the student from Ukraine.
- India ranked 43rd in the International Intellectual property Index 2022 among the 55 countries.
Important Days of the February 2022
- National Coast Guard raising day was observed on 1st February 2022. It has completed it’s 46th year. It was established in 1977.
- World Wetland Day is observed every year on 2nd February. Theme for 2022 was “Wetland action for people and Nature”.
- World Cancer Day is observed on the 4th February. The theme for (2022-2024) was “Close the Care Gap”
- Word Pulses Day is observed on 10th February by FAO which is headquartered in Rome. India is the largest producer of Pulses.
- World Radio Day was celebrated on 13 February and the theme was “ Radio and Trust”.
- National Women Day is observed on 13th February to celebrate the birth anniversary of Sarojani Naidu.
- Bihar will celebrate 15 February as the Shahid diwas in Mugher district. To pay homage to the Tarapur police protest incident. Where 34 freedom fighters were killed.
- International Mother language day is observed on 21st of February. Theme was “ using technology for Multi Language learning”.
- Central Excise day is observed on 24th February. It was founded on 24 February 1944.
- National Science Day is observed on 28th of February to honour Sir C V Raman for discovery of the Raman effect on 28th of February 1928. The theme is ‘ Integrated Approach in Science and Technology for a sustainable future”.
Awards Given on February 2022
Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival awards of 2022.
- Pushpa – film of the year.
- Asha Parikh – Outstanding actor,
- Ranbir singh– Best Actor.
- Krit Sinohan– Best Actress.
- Best Film – Shershaah.
Sahitya Academy award
- English- Namita Gokala
- Hindi – Daya Parkash.
- Urdu- Chandra Bam.
Current Affairs from Sports February 2022
- PR Sreejesh was awarded with the world games athlete of the year award of 2021. He is the goalkeeper of the India hockey team.
- Chennai Super King became the first sport Unicon sport club in India. Its valuation reached 1 billion USD. 14TH IPL was won by the Chennai Super Kings.
- Tata Steel Master Chess 2022 won by Magnus Carlsen.
- Winter Olympic Beijing 2022 started (4-20) February. India’s envoy did not participate in the opening ceremony as the china touch bearer was the one of the soldiers who was involved in the Glawan clash. Moscot was “Smiling Panda”. Chief Guests were Imran Khan, Valdimair Putin and the heads of 5 Central Asia countries. Winter Olympic of 2026 will be hosted by Italy.
- Daryl Mitchell from New Zealand won the “ICC spirit of cricket award 2021”.
- The International Olympic Committee approved the Skateboarding, Surfing and Sport Climbing in 2028 Los Angeles Olympics.
- India won it’s 5the U-19 World Cup defeating England. Captain of the team was Yash Dhull.
- China defeated the South Korean to win the Football women’s Asia Cup. Match was played in Maharashtra.
- Two new teams in IPL 2022 will be Gujarat Titans of Ahmedabad and Lucknow Super Gaints.
- 16-year old India Grandmaster R Praganandhan defeated the world no.1 Magnus Carslen in an online tournament.
- Norway topped the table for winning the highest number of medals in the Beijing winter Olympic 2022. They won a total of 37 medals out of which 16 were gold medals.
- Richa Ghosh scored the fastest 50th in ODI in India Women Cricket. She scored 50 runs in Just 26 balls.
All the Appointment in February 2022
- Ravi Mittal was appointed as the chairman of Insolvency and Bankruptcy board of India. Its headquarter is in Delhi. It was established in 2018.
- Sonali Singh appointed as the controller general of Accounts. Appointed by the President to give advice to the Government.
- Akshay Kumar was appointed as the Brand Ambassador of Uttarakhand to motivate the youth of the State.
- Sukla Mistry was appointed as the first female director of the Indian Oil Corporation.
- Disha Patani was appointed as the Brand Ambassador of Bata.
- Jens Stoltenberg, Chief of NATO appointed as Governor of Norway central Bank.
- GA Srinivasa Murthy has been appointed as the director of Defence Research and Development Laboratory.
- M. Jagadesh Kumar has been appointed as the Chairman of University Grant Commission (UGC).
- Pradip Shah has been appointed as chairman of Pfizer India.
- Unnikrishnan Nair took charge as the director of Vikaram Sarabhai space centre.
- Dinesh Prasad Saklani has been appointed as the Director of the National Council of Education Research and Training (NCERT).
- SSC has appointed S.Kishore as the chairman.
- Ilker Ayci appointed as the MD and CEO of Air India.
- Vineet Joshi was appointed as the chairman of CBSE.
- G Ashok Kumar has been appointed as the 1st national maritime security coordinator for the Marine Security.
- Sanjeev Sanyal appointed a full time member of the economic advisory council to the Prime Minister.
Download February 2022 Current Affairs