Check out the One liner’s current affairs of March 2022. It covers completely all the important events that happened in March. It is hard to go through all the current affairs in detail during the revision. At this insistence this one liner current affairs will be a great help to the aspirant preparing for the government exam and general awareness for all the exams like SSC, Railways, UPSC or the State PCS.
In this blog, topics of current affairs like important appointments, current Affairs from the Sport section, Important days that were observed during this month with complete details and the awards that were given during March 2022 are compiled under the single blog with the PDF.
One liner Current Affairs of March 2022
2022 Vidhan Sabha election
2022 Vidhan Sabha election results were declared for Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Goa and Manipur where BJP got the highest number of seats in this state with majority they will be forming their government in this state. The Punjab election was won by the AAP (Aam Aadmi Party) with 92 seats, so AAP will be forming a government in Punjab.
- Bhagwant Mann became the Chief Minister of Punjab. The Governor Banwarilal Purioshit took his oath.
- Yogi Aditynath began his second term as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.Keshav Prasad Maurya and Brajesh Sharma took oath as deputy chief ministers by the governor of UP Anandiben Patel
- N. Biran Singh also began his second tenure as the Chief minister of Manipur. The governor of Manipur is La. Ganesan.
- Pramod Sawant was sworn in as the Chief Minister of Goa for a second term. Governor of Goa is P S Sreedharan Pillai.
- Pushkar Singh Dhami sworn in as Uttarakhand CM for second term. Gurmit Singh is the Governor of Uttarakhand who took the oath from him.
Current Affairs of March 2022
- INS Visakhapatnam was handed over to the Indian Navy at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. This INS was develop under the project 15 B.
- Tamil Nadu launched the first ambulance for street animals in India. This ambulance was launched along with support from Blue cross of India and Four Paw.
- Project Bankshi launched in Odisha by Bank Of Maharashtra. This will provide the banking facility in the remote area of Odisha.
- The 3rd largest billionaire population lives in India, says the Knight Frank Wealth report. Largest number of billionaires live in the USA and then in China.
- Indian Air Force exercise Vayu Shakti takes place in Pokhran range Jaisalmer.
- Herath festival was celebrated in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled a 9.5 feet statue of Chhatrapapti Shivaji Maharaj in Pune , Maharashtra.
- Haryana Chief Minister, Manohar Lal Khattar, has announced a ‘Sushma Swaraj Award’ for women. The Sushma Swaraj Award will carry an award money of Rs 5 lakh along with a commendation.
- Union Labour and employment Minister Bhupendar Yadav has launched the ‘Donate-a-Pension’ campaign under Pradhan Mantri shram Yogi maan-dhan scheme.
- India’s largest reclining statue of Lord Buddha is being built in Bodh Gaya. Built by Buddha International Welfare Mission, the statue will be 100 feet long and 30 feet high
- Chhattisgarh government launched “Kaushalya Matritva Yojana”. Under this scheme, financial assistance of 5000 ₹ will be provided to women for bringing up their 2nd Girl child.
- Tamil Nadu chief Minister M.K Stalin inaugurated India’s largest floating solar power project at Thoothukudi.
- Author Geetanjali Shree’s translated Hindi novel “Tomb of Sand” is among 13 books long-listed for the International Booker Prize.
- Axis Bank rolled out the “House work is work” initiative to bring educated women to the workforce. This will give opportunities to those women who want to rejoin the Professional space.
- India’s first digital water Bank “AQVERIUM” has been launched in Bengaluru. It will work for better water management.They have set a target to become water positive by 2030.
- Andhra Pradesh has retained its number one spot in the SKOCH State of Governance rankings for the second consecutive year.
- My EV (My electric vehicle) portal has been launched by the Delhi government for purchasing and registering electric Autos and electric vehicles. The Delhi government will provide the loan at 5% interest for buying electric vehicles.
- “Writing with Fire” became the first Indian documentary to be nominated for OSCAR. This is created by Rintu Thomas and Sushmit Ghosh.
- “Monsoon” a collection of Poem books by Abhay K published by the Sahitya Academy on its 68th anniversary.
- A Suicide Drone Kamikaze will be given to Ukraine by USA to counter Russia.
- Dishaank App launched by Karnataka government to ensure easy access to the land record in partnership with the Government of India.
- Phool Dei Festival is celebrated in Uttarakhand for 1 Month from March to April.
- India ranked 93rd out of 179 countries on the Democracy Report released recently by the V-Dem Institute at Sweden’s University of Gothenburg. Sweden tops the list.
- In World happiness Report 2022 India ranked 136 out of 146 countries. The list was topped by Finland. This report is released by the UN Sustainable development solution.
- Turkey opens the world’s longest suspension bridge. It is 4.6 km over the Dardanelle strait which connects the sea of Marmara and the Aegean sea.
- One Station one product yojana is launched at Visakhapatnam, by eastern coast railway.
- LAMITIYE 2022 a joint military exercise between India and Seychelles. It was the 9th edition conducted in Seychelles.
- Nagland became the first paperless assembly to implement the National e-vidhan Application program (NeVA).
- Most polluted place on earth report released by IQAir. In which Delhi became the world’s most polluted capital and Bhiwadi of Rajasthan was the most polluted place.
- 3rd edition of DUSTLINK Exercise conducted between the Army of India and Uzbekistan.
- Narasinganpettai Nadaswaram got the GI tag from Tamil Nadu. It is the classical musical instrument.
- The state government of Maharashtra has announced to set up the country’s first medical city named as ‘Indrayani Medicity’ in Pune, to provide all kinds of specialised treatment under one roof. It will come up in 300-acre of land area in Khed taluka of Pune. The project is estimated to attract investment worth over Rs. 10,000 crore.
- India meets the highest ever export target of 400$ billion. It was considered a 37% increment.
- Kerala became the first state to introduce Carbon-Neutral farming.
- SIPRI Report: India emerges as largest importer of arms. Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) has released its latest report on Trends in International Arms Transfer, 2021.
- Bersama shield 2022 Military exercise hosted by Malaysia on South China sea in which four countries Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and the United Kingdom participated.
- The World Bank issued the first Wildlife Bond to save the African Black Rhino in South Africa.. Rhino Day is observed on 22 September.
- Gujarat tops the Export preparedness index of 2021 report launched by NITI Aayog.
- Bihar to become the first state to implement Dynamic Map to track land ownership.
- The BIMSTEC summit was organised by Sri Lanka on March 30. Prime Minister Narendra Modi attended the summit virtually.
- “The Little Book of Joy” was written by the Dalai Lama.
- Kampala festival was celebrated in Karnataka. Which was organised between 26 to 27 March.
- IIT Kharagpur developed the Supercomputer “PARAM Shakti”, it was launched the Governor of West Bengal Jagdeep Dhankhar.
- The Balikatan 2022 military exercise was conducted between the USA and Philippines on the Luzon strait.
- Meghalaya ‘s living root bridge was added to the tentative list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Vinaya Samarasya Yojana was launched by Karnataka to eradicate the Untouchability.
All the Appointment in March 2022
- Madhabi Puri Buch appointed as the chairman of SEBI. She is the first female chairperson appointed in this post.
- Sanjiv Kapoor was appointed the CEO of Jet Airways.
- T Raja Kumar was appointed as the president of FATF ( Financial Action Task force). He is a citizen of Singapore.
- N Chandrasekaran, the chairman of Tata Sons, has been officially appointed as the chairman of Air India.
- Yoon Suk Yeol elected as new South Korea President.
- B Chandra Sekhar has been appointed as the Commandant of Air force Academy.
- Mary Kom appointed Brand ambassador of Lupin limited Shakti Campaign.
- Katalin Novak is elected as the first ever female president of Hungary. Prime Minister Viktor Orban Hungary Capital:Budapest.
- The central Government has appointed Justice Dhirubai Naranbhai Patel, Chief justice of Delhi High Court as the chairperson of Telecom Disputes settlement and Appellate Tribunal.
- Debasish Panda has been appointed as the chairman of the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI).
- Gilbert Houngbo appointed as the director general of the International Labour Organization. He is from Togo and he is the first African person to be appointed to this post.
- Himanta Biswa Sharma Chief minister of Assam was re-appointed as the president of Badminton Federation of India.
If you want to know all the appointment of 2021 and 2022 Click here
Current Affairs from Sports March 2022
- Rafael Nadal won the Mexican open cup. It was his 4th title.
- Shreyas Iyer and Amelia Kerra (New Zealand) won the ICC Player of the Month for the February month.
- Dabang Delhi won the PRO Kabaddi League season 8 defeating Patna Pirates.
- Priyanka Nutakki, a 19 year old girl from Vijayawada, became the 23rd Women Grandmaster of India.
- India has taken first place in the medal standings at the ISSF World Cup 2022 in Cairo,Egypt organised by the International Shooting Sport Federation.
- FIDE Chess Olympiad 2022 will be hosted in Chennai,Tamil Nadu. FIDE is the organisation which governs the Chess tournament. It was established in 1924 and the Headquarter is in Lausanne Switzerland.
- Jhulan Goswami became the first bowler to take 250 wickets in women ODI. She achieved this in the women’s world cup in the match against England.
- Neeraj Chopra won sportsman of the year award – Sportstar Aces 2022.
- Suresh Raina given “Sports Icon” award by Maldives Government.
- World number one Ashleigh Barty announced retirement at the age of 25 from all forms of Tennis tournament.
- Devendra Jhajharia has become the first Para-athlete to receive the Padma Bhushan award. He won the silver medal in Javelin throw at the Tokyo Paralympics.
- Byju’s has become the official sponsor of FIFA World Cup 2022 which will be hosted in Qatar.
- PV Sindhu won the Gold medal in Swiss Open 2022 in women’s category and Prannoy H.S won the silver medal in men’s Badminton.
- BBC Sportswoman of the year award 2022 was given to Mirabai Chanu.
Important Days of the March 2022
- Zero discrimination Day observed on 1st March. Theme “Remove laws that harm, create the law empower”. Article 15 say no discrimation on the base of birth, religion, sex, race etc.
- Jan Aushadhi Diwas -4th edition was observed on 7 March and the Jan Aushadhi Sapta was celebrated from 1 to 7 March. Organised by the Department of Pharmaceutical. The theme for this year was “Jan Aushadhi Jan Upyogi”.
- World Wildlife Day is observed on 3 March.
- World Obesity Day was observed on 4th March. Theme for 2022 was “Everybody needs to Act”.
- World Kidney day is celebrated on the second Thursday of March every year. This year, it is being observed on March 10. Theme 2022 is “Kidney Health for All”.
- CISF (Central Industrial Security Force) Raising Day is celebrated on 10th March every year.Formed on this day 10th March 1969. Director-General of CISF: Sheel Vardhan Singh.
- The United Nations has declared that the 15th of March we’ll be celebrated as International Day to combat Islamophobia.
- International Day of Mathematics (IDM) is observed globally on the 14th of March every year. The theme for 2022 IDM is “Mathematics Unites!”.
- World Consumer Rights Day is celebrated on March 15 every year. Theme of this year is “Fair Digital Finance.” started from 15th March 1962.
- National Vaccination Day (also known as National Immunisation Day (IMD)) is observed on 16 March every year, to convey the importance of vaccination to the entire nation. The day was first observed in the year 1995. The theme for National Vaccination Day or National Immunisation Day 2022 is “Vaccines Work for all”.
- CRPF raising day was celebrated at Jammu on 19 March. It was inaugurated by Amit Shah.
- International Day of Happiness-2022 was celebrated on 20 March. This year’s theme was “Build back happier”.
- World Sparrow Day was observed on 20 March 2022 for the protection of these birds.
- International Forest Day was celebrated on 21st March. This is observed by FAO.
- It is decided to observe the National Dolphin Day on 5 october every year said by the environment minister Bhupendra Yadav.
- World Water Day observed on 22nd March. Theme for this year is “Groundwater making the invisible visible”. Celebration of this day started in 1993.
- World TB Day is celebrated on 24th March. Theme for this year was “Invest to end TB, save lives”.
Awards Given on March 2022
- Deepak Dhar became the first Indian to win the Boltzmann Medal, given in the field of Physics.
- National Mineral Development Corporation Ltd, largest Iron ore Producer of the country receives 1st prize in Ispat Rajbhasha Award for 2018-2019 and 2020-21.
- The Miss World 2021 title was won by Karolina Bi Elawoka. She is from Poland.
- 31st GD Birla award for scientific research was given to Narayan Pardhan for creating a unit of LED light.
- Pritzer award 2022 for Architecture was given to Francis Kere of Burkina Faso.
- Will Smith won the best actor award at BAFTA 2022 Best Actress Joanna Scanlan Best Movie ” The Power of the Dog.
- Dennis Sullivan was awarded with the Abel Prize of Mathematics for 2022.
- Kochi airport was awarded with Covid Champion award at wing India 2022 which was conducted in Hyderabad.
- Stockholm Water Prize 2022 was given to Wilfried Brutsaert.
- The 3rd National water award was given to Uttar Pradesh as UP was the best performing state in water conservation and the 2nd and 3rd were Rajasthan and Tamil Nadu respectively.
Oscar Awards 2022
Best actor award to Will Smith for his movie King Richard.
Best actress award to Jessica Chastain for her movie The Eyes of Tammy Faye.
Best movie of 2022 at the Oscars was awarded to CODA.
It is the first time in history that the Oscar was given to the deaf actor Troy Kotsur award for the supporting actor.
Download the Current Affairs of March 2022 PDF
Click here to Download