Check out the One liner’s current affairs of January 2023. It covers completely all the important events that happened in January. It is hard to go through all the current affairs in detail during the revision. At this insistence this one liner current affairs will be a great help to the aspirant preparing for the government exam and general awareness for all the exams like SSC, Railways, UPSC or the State PCS.
In this blog, topics of current affairs like important appointments, current Affairs from the Sport section, Important days that were observed during this month with complete details and the awards that were given during January 2023 are compiled under the single blog with the PDF.
One liner Current affairs is the quick Solution for them, it covers all the important current affairs events of the complete month. Daily GK Update is here to help you with current affairs, so that you can score high in competitive exams. It will be helpful for revising the current affairs at the last movement so that you successfully score the mark for the merit list.
We have compiled the current affairs into a one liner Question and answer form for January 2023, which covers the important topic like appointment, Awards, important day with their theme of January 2023. You can also download the One Liner Current Affairs PDF by going down the blog there will be a download link, just click on that like titled One liner current affairs.
One liner Current Affairs of January 2023
In this part of the blog will be discussion of the miscellaneous current affair of January. It will cover all the important events that occurred during the month of January.
- Uttarakhand won the best State Tableau Award of Republic Day Parade 2023 for showcasing the wildlife and religious sites.
- India ranked 85th in the Henley Passport Index 2023 for Quarter 1. Japan is at Rank One.
- IIT Madras has developed ‘BharOS’ Indigenous Operating System for the Mobile Phones for replacing Android and Apple ios.
- Himachal Pradesh will be the first Green Energy State by the end of 2025.
- The first edition of Cyclone-1 military exercise has been conducted between India and Egypt in Jaisalmer, Rajasthan.
- Kollam district of Kerala became the first district of India to become the Constitution literate district.
- VARUNA 2023 Naval exercise has been conducted between India and France.
- Rajasthan became the first state to implement blindness control policy, to control the blindness.
- “Saharsh” special Education Program launched by Tripura.
- Avani Chaturvedi has become the 1st Indian Air Force woman pilot to fly Sukhoi fighter jet in Japan in Veer Guardian exercise 2023.
- PM Narendra Modi has launched the World’s longest river cruise (Ganga Vilas cruise). This cruise was launched from Varanasi and will go to Dibrugarh, Assam.
- Shiva Chauhan became the first woman officer deployed at Siachen at over 15,600 ft. Siachen Glacier is the world’s highest battlefield located in Ladakh.
- Kolkata will get India’s 1st underwater metro train in 2023. This underwater Metro service will be developed in Hooghly River.
- Nitin Gadkari inaugurated Zuari Bridge, it is the second-largest cable bridge in India, Goa.
- Abdel Fattah El-Sisi, President of Egypt was the Chief Guest for 74th Republic Day 2023.
- North India’s largest floating solar project inaugurated at Chandigarh on Dhanas lake.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi named 21 islands of the Andaman after the name of Param Vir Chakra Awardees.
- Kanger Valley National Park is located in Chhattisgarh, recently a rare “Orange Colour Bat” was spotted here.
- The Upper Siang Hydroelectric Project is being built in Arunachal Pradesh. Siang River is the tributary of Brahmaputra.
- The World Economic Forum’s centre for the fourth Industrial Revolution will be set up in Hyderabad.
- Jammu and Kashmir became the first Union territory of India to completely shift to e-governance mode.
- An Indo-Russian joint venture has started manufacturing AK-203 assault rifles in Uttar Pradesh.
- Surbhi Jakhmola became the 1st woman officer to be posted at Border and Road Organization.
- Mongeet Festival has been celebrated in Assam.
- Sanjeev Sanyal is the author of the book “Revolutionaries: The Other Story of How India Won Its Freedom.
- IIT Madras organised the India’s Largest Student-Run Festival “Saarang 2023”.
- Arvind Mandloi is the Author of The Book ‘Jaadunama’. This book is written by the Veteran Lyricist ‘Javed Akhtar’.
- Joshimath of Chamoli district is declared a landslide-subsidence zone of Uttarakhand.
- Kerala became India’s first fully digital banking State.
- India became the world’s 3rd largest auto market, overtaking Japan.
- The Book “Ambedkar: A Life” is written by Shashi Tharoor.
- National Genome Editing and Training Centre has been launched in Punjab.
- World’s first Palm-leaf Manuscript Museum has been opened in Kerala.
- Gaan Ngai festival has been celebrated in Manipur by the Zeliangrong Community. It is the harvesting festival.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated Siyom Bridge in Arunachal Pradesh.
- 108th Indian Science Congress held in Nagpur. Theme for this year was “Science and Technology for Sustainable Development with Women’s Empowerment”.
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu has launched “CM’s Sukhashray Sahayata Scheme”. The scheme will provide higher education facilities to Needy Children and destitute women.
- IIT Roorkee along with AIIMS Delhi developed SwasthGarbh app for real-time medical support to pregnant women.
- Cherchera festival celebrated in Chhattisgarh.
- Caste based survey stated by the Bihar Government.
Sports Current affairs of January 2023
- Germany won the title of 2023 Men’s FIH Hockey World Cup by defeating Belgium. This tournament was hosted by India.
- Australian Open 2023: Men’s Single won by Novak Djokovic and Women’s Single title won by Aryna Sabalenka of Belarus.
- ASHA (Cheetah) has been named the mascot of 5th Khelo India Youth Games 2023 hosted by Madhya Pradesh.
- Shubman Gill became the youngest player to score a double century in ODI (149 ball – 208 Runs).
- Hyderabad will host the first-ever Formula E World championship race.
- M Pranesh became India’s 79th Chess Grandmaster.
- Viktor Axelsen has won the Men’s Single Title at ‘2023 Malaysia Open. And the Women’s Single is won by Akane Yamaguchi.
- Belinda Clark became the first Female Cricketer to have a statue cast at Sydney Cricket Ground.
- Koneru Humpy won a Silver medal in the World Blitz Chess Championships.
All the important appointment in January 2023
- Chris Hipkins became the Prime Minister of New Zealand after the resignation of Jacinda Ardern.
- Pankaj Kumar Singh has been appointed as the Deputy National Security Advisor (NSA). Ajit Doval is the National Security Advisor of India.
- Claire Lombardelli has been appointed as the Chief Economist of the OECD (Organization for Economic co-operation and Development), Headquarter is at Paris.
- Brazil appointed Sonia Guajajara as the first minister of the Ministry of Indigenous People.
- Lula da Silva elected as the new President of Brazil.
- Vikram Dev Dutt became the Director General of Directorate of General of Civil Aviation (DGCA).
Awards given in January2023
- Aska police station of Odisha awarded the best Police Station of India.
- R’Bonney Gabriel became the 71st “Miss Universe 2022. She is from the USA.
- “Naatu Naatu” song of the movie RRR won the “Golden Globe Award” for Best Original Song. It is the first Indian song to win this award. This song was composed by M.M. Keeravani.
- Dr. Tapan Saikia has been honoured with ‘Assam Baibhav Award 2022-23.
- Odisha won “World Habitat Award 2023” for its JAGA Mission. JAGA Mission was for the upgrading of the Slum program.
- Aparna Sen received the lifetime achievement award at Jaipur Film Fest.
- DY Chandrachud is awarded the “Award for Global Leadership” by Harvard Law School Center.
- Odisha State Disaster Management Authority and Lunglei Fire Station, Nizoram are the winners of Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar-2023.
- Padma Vibhushan Dr Prabha Atre a Hindustani Vocalist honoured with Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia Lifetime Achievement Award.
All the important days of January 2023
- World Braille Day is celebrated every year on 4 January.
- 17th Pravasi Bhartiya Divas is celebrated on 9 January 2023. It was organised in Indore, Madhya Pradesh with the theme of “Diaspora: Reliable partners for India’s progress in Amrit Kaal”.
- World Hindi Day is observed on 10th of January every year. This year World Hindi conference 2023 was held in Fiji.
- National Youth Day is celebrated on the 12 January on the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda. The Theme of 2023 is “Viksit Yuva – Viksit Bharat.
- Indian Army Day is celebrated on 15th January every year.
- National Start-up Day is celebrated on 16th January every year.
- Parakram Diwas is celebrated on the 126th Birth Anniversary of Subhash Chandra Bose on 23rd January 2023.
- National Voters Day is celebrated on 25 January every year, the theme for 2023 is “Nothing Like Voting, I Vote for sure”.
Download the Pdf of January 2023 current affairs
You can download the pdf for the January 2023 current affairs by clicking the download button given below. This pdf will be helpful for you for the quick revision of current affairs during the exam.