Current Affairs of October Month
Current affairs is the most important part in the government exams like SSC and Railways from the General Awareness section. It has been seen in the past trend of exams that the maximum number of the questions in the General awareness are asked from this section. So all the students who are preparing for this kind of exam have to read the current affairs on daily bases, but some students don’t get time for the daily current affairs. For that kind of student we have created this short one liner monthly current affairs.
It will be useful for exams for all competitive exams UPSC, SSC, IAS, Railway-RRB, UPPSC, MPPSC & Other State Government Jobs / Exams and latest Current Affairs 2021 for banking exams SBI Clerk, SBI PO, IBPS PO Clerk, RBI, RRB and more. Keep reading current affairs and GK facts updated on a daily & monthly basis on this page. Stay aware about the recent happenings in the country and across the world and sharpen your preparation for the upcoming govt. exams.
- Lucy Mission launched by NASA to study the Asteroid named Trojan near Jupiter. Total of 8 asteroids to be studied is 12 years. Asteroids are found in the kapler belt between Mars and Jupiter.
- The Mid-Day Meal scheme is renamed as the PM Poshan scheme. Under this scheme the nutrition meal is provided in the government schools for the children. This scheme was launched in 1995 from Tamil Nadu.
- Central Institute of Petrochemical Engineering and technology inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- Expo 2020 was started in the Dubai UAE. Total of 190 countries participated, from India Vedanta Resources participated.
- India and UK tie up for the green grid Project World Bank will fund this project.
- 4th edition of AUSINDEX exercise was conducted between the Royal Navy of Australia and Indian Navy.
- Manipur celebrated the 3 day long “Nata-Sankirtana ” flock dance festival in which the message of Lord Krishan is delivered in the form of Dance and Drama.
- Judima Rice wine got GI tag from Assam. It is a type of Wine prepared by the Dimasa tribe of Assam.
- Digi Saksham program launched by Bhupendra Yada with the help of Microsoft.
- To celebrate the 152nd birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, the world ‘s largest Khadi flag was unfurled in Leh, Ladak.
- SBI launched NAV-e cash cards for the Naval personnel. This card has a dual mode feature with which one can use in both online and offline mode. In it the photo of INS Vikramaditya is printed.
- Tax Inspectors without border has been launched by Seychelles in partnership with India.
- Uttarakhand Jim Corbett National Park to be renamed as the Ramganga National park.
- Wada Kolam rice of Maharashtra got the GI Tag. It is also known as Zini rice.
- 6th edition of “Ajeya Warrior” military exercise conducted between India and the UK.
- Raja Chari, an Indian-American Astronaut will command NASA SpaceX crew-3 mission to the International Space Station.
- G-20 meeting held in Italy on virtual form. India is also a member of G-20 and in 2023 India will host this meeting.
- Telangana to conduct the first mobile based polling system(e-voting) which works on the block chain and AI technology.
- Dr. Abdul Qader Khan passed away; he was the father of atomic weapons in Pakistan. He was born in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
- Tejaswani Initiative launched by Delhi Police on International girl child day to provide safety to women.
- My Port App launched by the central government at Kolkata by the minister of Port and shipping Sarbananda Sonowal
- Gati Shakti, a master multi modal project of 100 lakh crore launched on 13th October by PM Modi.
- 17th Yudh Abhyas 2021 military Exercise conducted between India and USA in Alaska.
- India’s first Atal community innovation centre inaugurated in Jaipur.
- Global Climate Risk Index released its 16th edition by Germanwatch. India ranked at 7th place in the 2021 report.
- India ranked 101 out of 116 countries in the Global Hunger Index.
- The Ministry of Home Affairs extended the BSF jurisdiction from 15km to 50km inside the international border of Punjab, West Bengal and Assam. And Gujarat border decreases 80 to 30km.
- Western Railways has been planning to use the Surveillance drones to manage the crowd and to monitor the assets of Railways.
- “Mera Ghar Mera Naam” scheme launched by the Punjab Government.
- PM Modi inaugurated Kushinagar international airport in Uttar Pradesh under the buddhist circuit.
- Jammu and Kashmir signed the MoU with UAE, Dubai to develop real estate industrial Park.
- Mount Harriet in Andaman will be renamed as Mount Manipur in the tribute to the freedom fighter.
- Maharasatra became the first state to launch the wildlife Action plan (2021-2030), from the Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve.
- India is at 71st rank out of 113 countries in Global food security Index 2021. Ireland is at the 1st position.
- Mukhyamantri Ration aapke Dwar scheme launched by the Madhya Pradesh Government. This Ration will be delivered to the tribe people at their home.
- India completed the 100 crore vaccination doses of covid vaccine on 21st October. Best performing state was Uttar Pradesh.
- The Uttar Pradesh government renamed the Faizabad Railway junction as Ayodhya Cantt.
- National Tribal Dance Festival 2021 to be hosted by Raipur, Chhattisgarh organised by the ministry of tourism. Tribes from different countries will also participate.
- Agni-5 ballistic missile successfully tested from the A.P.J Abdul Kalam island, Odisha. It’s range is 5000 km, developed by the DRDO and Bharat Dynamic.
- The USA became the first country to issue “X” gender passports for the teansgender community.
- Goa became the first state to achieve open defecation free and to provide water and electricity to every household.
- Facebook changes its parent company name to Meta.
- Book “AIIMS Mein Ek Jang Ladte Hue” is written by Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank.
Important Appointment of October
- Najla Romdhane appointed as the 10th prime minister of Tunisia.
- NBA has appointed Ranveer Singh as it’s brand ambassador of India.
- E.R. Sheikh was appointed as the first director-general of the Ordnance factory directorate as the ordinance factory is divided into the 7 PSU.
- Kangna Ranaut was appointed as the Brand ambassador in Uttar Pradesh of the one district one product scheme.
- B.Gopal a Telugu filmmaker will be awarded the Satyajit Ray award.
- Jonas Gahr Store is elected as the prime minister of Norway.
- Imtiaz Ali was appointed as the ambassador of the Russian film Festival in India.
- P.K Garg was appointed as the CEO of the TOPS (target Olympic podium scheme).
- FICCI appointment of Mr Arun Chawla as the FICCI’s new Director General.
- Raveendran committee appointed by the Supreme Court to investigate the Pegasus spyware matter in India.
- Shaktikanta Das re-appointed as the governor of RBI for next three years.
Sport Current Affairs of October
- Smriti Mandhana became the first woman of the India women cricket team to score 100 runs with the pink ball in the Test match against the Australia team.
- First Sports Arbitration center of India opened in Ahmedabad, Gujarat and it was launched by Kiran Rijiju.
- Gurjit Kaur was awarded as women hockey player of the year and In men Harmanpreet Singh got the hockey player of the year.
- Anshu Malik won the silver medal in the world wrestling Championship, in the 57 kg category. She is the first woman to win this medal.
- Narender Rana was appointed as the head coach of the Indian men’s Boxing team.
- FIFA has released the official mascot IBHA (Asiatic Lioness )for the Under-17 women football cup to be held in India.
- “Billion Cheers Jersey” launched to the T20 world cup by BCCI with MPL as sponsor.
- Chennai Super Kings won the IPL 2021 14th edition by defeating Kolkata Knight Rider in the final match. It was CSK’s 4th title.
- Janneke Schopman was appointed as coach of the Indian women hockey team. It is the first time that a woman coach is appointed.
- Indian Football team won the SAFF championship 2021 by defeating Nepal in the final.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni became the first cricketer to complete the 300 T20 Matches.
- Sarah Taylor became the 1st female coach in the men’s professional franchise cricket team. She is from England.
- India’s football team got 106 in the FIFA ranking. First rank is Belgium.
Awards given on the month of October
- Harnaaz Sandhu won LIVA Miss diva Universe 2021. She is from Chandigarh and will represent India in Miss Universe 2021 competition to be held in Jerusalem.
- Lokpriya Gopinath Bardoli award to be given to Nirod Kumar.
- Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award given to AIIMS doctor Randeep Guleria.
- Aadhyaa Aravind Shankar a 7 year old girl form Bengaluru won the Global Peace Photo Award 2021.
- Indian company Takachar of Vidyut Mohan won the Prince Williams Earthshot environment award.
- Parambikulam tiger Reserve in Kerala won the earth guardian Award given by the Natwest group.
Nobel Prize 2021 Winners List
Nobel Peace Prize : Maria Ressa and Dmitry Muratov
Physiology or Medicine : David Julius and Ardem Patapoutian
Physics: Syukuro Manabe, Klaus Hasselmann and Giorgio Parisi
Chemistry: Benjamin List and David W.C. MacMillan
Literature: Abdulrazak Gurnah
Economic Sciences: David Card, Joshua D. Angrist and Guido W. Imbens
Important Days of October Month
- World Cotton day was observed on 7th of October by the World trade organization. Theme for this year was “Cotton for good’.
- Indian Air Force day is celebrated on 8th of October. The India air force was formed in 1932. Air chief marshal is B.R. Chaudary.
- International girls child day is observed on 11 october.This year’s theme was “Digital generation our generation”. National girl child day is observed on 24 January.
- World Food Day is celebrated on 16th October, and the theme for this year is “Safe food, now for a healthier tomorrow.
- UDAN Diwas celebrated on 21 October by the Ministry of Civil Aviation.·