Here is a list of all the current affairs of April 2023. It covers all the important current affairs related to sports, appointments, and national and International news.
If you are an aspirant preparing for the upcoming government exams. It will greatly help you in the last moment of revision before your exam.
We have covered the most important event that took place in the month of April 2023 in one-liner form. And tried to put current affairs as simply as we can, so you can easily remember them.
One liner Current Affairs of April 2023
Monthly miscellaneous current affairs in one-liner form for April 2023. It covers all the National and International events. That is likely to be asked in exams.
- The Government of India has identified 1,275 railway stations for development under the ‘Amrit Bharat Station Scheme’.
- India ranked 144th in the Passport Index for the year 2023.
- Rajasthan celebrates its statehood day on March 30.
- Azerbaijan and Tajikistan have been recently certified as “malaria-free” by the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Saudi Arabia has become a Shanghai Cooperation Organization dialogue partner.
- Finland became the 31st member of NATO.
- India’s first cloned Gir female calf is named, Ganga.
- The 10th edition of the annual Indian – Sri Lanka Bilateral Maritime exercise SLINEX-2023 has been conducted in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- The second largest cricket stadium in India has been built in Jaipur.
- The Cope India air exercise between India and USA was conducted and Japan was the observing country.
- The seed bank for native plant species found in the Aravallis region is being developed at a nursery in the Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary.
- The proba-2 mission by the European Space Agency (ESA) aims to demonstrate precision formation flying in space.
- Haryana has become the first to have a 100% electrified railway network.
- Dhawan II a “3D-printed cryogenic engine” successfully tested by Indian private aerospace manufacturer Skyroot Aerospace.
- India and Bhutan are planning to set up an Integrated Check Post (ICP) along their border.
- The newly discovered butterfly Caltoris Bromus Sadasiva, subspecies in the fringes of Akkulam and Vembanad lakes in Kerala.
- Radio Sangwari is named the first Chhattisgarhi Digital Radio Station.
- Arvind Kejriwal and Bhagwant Mann jointly launched Punjab’s ‘CM di Yogshala’.
- Kerala has topped the list of States in the country with the most number of products securing the Geographical Indication (GI) tag in FY23.
- Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi has entered the club of the world’s busiest airports.
- PM Modi launched the International Big Cats Alliance on the 50th anniversary of ‘Project Tiger’. It was launched from Mysuru, Karnataka.
- Karaga festival is celebrated in Bengaluru.
- Telangana will host the Food Conclave in 2023.
- The instrument named TEMPO has been sent into space to track air pollution by NASA.
- Himachal Pradesh has launched the project Sanjeevani to empower dairy farmers.
- Recently Union Minister Kiren Rijiju released the first edition of the Dogri Version of the Constitution of India, it is one of the official languages of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Idu Mishmi people are opposing the conversion of Dibang Wildlife Sanctuary to Tiger Reserve in Arunachal Pradesh.
- Foreign Minister S Jaishankar has launched the ‘Tulsi Ghat restoration project’ in Uganda.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is launching the centralized portal PRAVAAH for licensing and approval applications.
- The LIGO-India gravitational-wave detector will be built in Maharashtra.
- Three-day ‘Baisakhi Mahotsav 2023’ was organized from April 13-15 to celebrate Dogra culture and heritage in Jammu & Kashmir.
- Kerala, the state’s tiger reserve topped the management review.
- Madhya Pradesh state government has recently given OBC status to the transgender community.
- INIOCHOS-23 is a multinational military exercise that will take place at the Andravida Air Base in Greece. India also participated in this exercise with four Su-30 MKI and two C-17 aircraft.
- ‘Rashid Rover’ landed on the Moon on 25th April 2023, This Rover belongs to the United Arab Emirates
- The President of India Droupadi Murmu recently took her first flight in Sukhoi-30.
- Solar Energy Corporation of India, a central public sector undertaking company, was granted Miniratna Category-1 status on April 10, 2023.
- Uttarakhand state government has launched the ‘A-HELP’ (Accredited Agent for Health and Extension of Livestock Production) program.
- Cumbum grapes received the Geographical Indication tag in Tamil Nadu.
- The 5-day Sang festival is being organized in Haryana.
- Kolkata Metro has created history by becoming India’s first train to run under a river.
- The ‘Pirah-Kunfar Tunnel’ at Ramban in Jammu and Kashmir has been inaugurated by the Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways, Nitin Gadkari.
- India hosted the Global Buddhist Summit to discuss contemporary global issues from a Buddhist perspective.
- Vishu festival is celebrated in Kerala as the Malayalam New Year.
- India, Japan, and France have announced a common platform for Sri Lanka’s creditors to help the country address its debt crisis.
- Dr. S. Jaishankar inaugurated the Buzi Bridge in Mozambique, in April 2023.
- European Space Agency, JUICE (Jupiter Icy Moons Explorer) project. A project by ESA to explore the icy moons of Jupiter.
- The Northeast’s first AIIMS was established in Guwahati, Assam.
- K Chandrashekar Rao unveiled the 125ft tall B R Ambedkar statue in Hyderabad.
- Turkey has commissioned ‘TCG Anadolu’ as the world’s first ‘UAV carrier’.
- Madhya Pradesh chief minister has announced the inclusion of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar’s ‘Panchteerth’ in the Mukhyamantri Teerth Darshan Yojana on the birth anniversary of Babasaheb.
- National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) has signed an MoU with the Nagarjunasagar-Srisailam Tiger Reserve to facilitate a seamless and efficient entry process for vehicles entering the forest area. Nagarjunasagar-Srisailam Tiger Reserve is located in Andhra Pradesh.
- The USA has emerged as India’s biggest trading partner in FY23.
- China has established dual-use facilities in Myanmar and Sri Lanka that have raised security concerns in India.
- Europe’s largest nuclear reactor is built in Finland.
- DRDO Industry Academy Centre of Excellence was inaugurated in IIT Hyderabad.
- The Mangrove Pitta bird is found in Odisha.
- Bengaluru has topped in digital transactions in the country.
- The ‘Sangathan-se-Samriddhi’ scheme is launched to empower rural women through Self Help Groups (SHGs).
- Kenya launched the country’s first operational earth observation satellite, Taifa-1, on 10 April 2023.
- The oil jetty development project has been started in Gujarat.
- Singapore’s TeLEOS-2 satellite is launched by ISRO with a PSLV-C55 rocket.
- on April 22, 2023.
- Under the Parvat Mala Pariyojna project, the Indian government plans to develop more than 250 ropeway projects.
- Mizoram has been ranked as the happiest state in India.
- Indonesia has been replaced by Argentina as the under-20 FIFA World Cup host.
- Maharashtra state government announced the reservation for Divyang employees in promotions.
- The Assam government has signed an MoU with the Arunachal Pradesh government to resolve the long pending border dispute between both states.
- Tau Se Pucho, a chatbot launched to help pensioners under the Divyang Pension Scheme in Haryana.
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is planning to open its first overseas office in Abu Dhabi.
- Russia has become the biggest oil supplier to India.
- Kerala government has launched a project ‘One Panchayat, One Playground’ project on 20th April 2023.
- India ranked 38th in the World Bank’s Logistic Performance Index 2023.
- West Bengal has topped the list of states with the most ponds and reservoirs in the first-ever waterbody census.
- Mulapeta Port is being constructed in Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh.
- Indian Army has tied up with Tezpur University Assam to impart Chinese language training to military personnel.
- 100 food streets are the states planning to establish across 100 districts in India.
- CM Ashok Gehlot inaugurated the ‘Mehngai Rahat Camp’ in Rajasthan.
- The cyber-defense exercise Locked Shields was recently held in Tallinn by NATO.
- Gandhi Sagar Sanctuary of Madhya Pradesh will be the second new home of Cheetahs.
- The Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for the country’s first Digital Science Park in Kerala.
- Recently the Manamadurai pottery of Tamil Nadu got the GI tag.
- Recently, The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) has placed a signboard marking Mana Village as the country’s First Village.
- A Fern Museum has been set up in Eravikulam National Park in Kerala.
- The second-deepest blue hole is found in Mexico.
- India ranked 131st in the 29th edition of the Economic Freedom Index.
- Rail Vikas Nigam Limited has been recently designated as a Navratna company.
- IIT Madras is setting up its first international campus in Tanzania.
- The bilateral training exercise Ajeya Warrior is conducted between the Indian Army and UK (United Kingdom) army.
- Sagar Kavach exercise conducted by the Indian Coast Guard on the West Bengal Coast.
- Amitav Ghosh, the non-fiction book ‘Smoke and Ashes’ launched.
- Italy has banned OpenAI’s ChatGPT chatbot.
- Amogha-III an indigenous Anti Tank Guided Missile that has been successfully tested.
- Amit Shah unveiled the 54-foot-tall statue of Lord Hanuman at a temple in Gujarat.
- World’s first Asian King Vulture conservation and breeding center to be inaugurated in Uttar Pradesh.
- The Mandi Se Bijli initiative was launched by Telangana to generate electricity from vegetables.
- India has signed an MoU with the World Food Program to send wheat to Afghanistan.
- Melbourne City has overtaken Sydney as Australia’s biggest city.
- ICICI Bank has introduced an easy EMI facility for UPI payments, made by scanning QR code.
- India ranked third in the Hurun Global Unicorn Index 2023.
- Monika Das a transgender bank officer at Canara Bank, has been named as the state icon for the Bihar election by the Election Commission.
- The Election Commission (EC) has introduced the Vote from Home option in Karnataka.
- The largest multipurpose indoor stadium in Northeast India is being built in Shillong, Meghalaya.
Monthly Sports Current Affairs April 2023
Every month many of the sports events take place in India and throughout the world. It has been seen in the government exams. The examiners like to ask questions about the sport’s current affairs. So we have listed all the important sports and their players’ achievements.
- Petra Kvitova and Daniil Medvedev won the Miami Open’s Women’s Singles Title/Men’s Singles Title in 2023.
- Qatar will host the next Asian Cup of Football in 2023.
- Odisha FC won the Hero Super Cup 2023.
- Rohit Sharma has become the quickest batter to reach the 6000-run mark in the Indian Premier League (IPL).
- Sports Authority of India has integrated Khelo India games certificates with DigiLocker.
- Nisha Dahiya won silver in the women’s 68 kg category at the Asian wrestling championships in Astana, Kazakhstan.
Important Appointment of April 2023
All the important appointments on April 2023 are included in this section. It covers only the most important appointments that are expected to be asked in exams.
Amit Kshatriya, an Indian-origin engineer has been appointed as the first head of American space agency NASA’s newly-established Moon to Mars program.
Siddhartha Mohanty has been appointed as the Managing Director (MD) and the first Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC).
Rohit Sharma has been appointed as the brand ambassador of JioCinema.
Vishal Kanvaty was appointed as the Chief Technology Officer Of the National Payments Corporation of India.
Read More: Monthly one-liner Current affairs regarding Appointment.
Awards and Honours, given on April 2023
Awards and Honours given this month are listed below. Go through them once. This month very few awards were given so it is easy for you.
The Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has been decorated with Poland’s top award.
Sonam Wangchuk was awarded the Santokbaa Humanitarian Award in April 2023.
Angela Merkel received Germany’s highest Order of Merit.
Deepika Misra has become the first woman officer of the Indian Air Force to receive a gallantry award.
Alessandra Korap won the Goldman Environmental Prize in 2023.
Karnataka got the national award for the best implementation of the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY).
Read More: Monthly one-liner Current Affairs of January 2023
All the important days of April 2023
All the important days of April along with their theme are given below. This monthly one-liner current affairs format will help you in learning both static gk and current affairs.
- World Autism Awareness Day is observed on 2nd April.
- National Maritime Day is celebrated on the 5th of April.
- World Homeopathy Day is observed on 10th April.
- The Indian Army celebrated the 39th Siachen Days on April 13.
- World Heritage Day is celebrated every year on April 18 and the theme for 2023 is “Heritage Changes”.
- World Liver Day is observed every year on the 19th of April. The theme for 2023 is ‘Be Vigilant, Do Regular Liver Check-Ups, Fatty Liver Can Affect Anyone.
- World Earth Day is celebrated every year on April 22. The theme for 2023 is “Invest in Our Planet”.
- National Panchayati Raj Day is celebrated in India on 24th April.
- World Immunization Week 2023 was observed from 24th to 30th April.
- World Intellectual Property Day is observed on the 26th of April.
Monthly One Liner Current Affairs PDF
How were the One liner current affairs, tell us below in the comment. Download the monthly one-liner pdf from the download link. It will be helpful for you to revise.