The Sayyid Dynasty and Lodi Dynasty
Khizr Khan ( 1414 -1421)
Timur nominated him to rule the Delhi Sultanate, and he founded the Sayyid dynasty.
Khizr Khan was the first ruler of the Sayyid Dynasty.
Mubarak Shah ( 1421 -1434)
Muhammad Shah ( 1434- 1445)
Alam shah ( 1445-1451)
He was the last sayyid dynasty ruler descended in favour of Bahlol Lodhi and he retired. Thus began the Lodhi dynasty.
The Lodi Dynasty
Bahlol Lodi (1451-1489)
- Alam shah the last ruler of the Sayyid Dynasty considered him as a son.
- Bahlol Lodhi was one of the Afghan sardars who established himself in Punjab after the invasion of Timur.
- He founded the Lodi Dynasty.
- Jaunpur was annexed into Delhi Sultanate during his reign.
- Bahlol Lodi invaded Jodhpur and issued a coin called Bahloli.
Sikandar Lodi ( 1489-1517)
- Sikandar Lodi was the son of Bahlol lodi who conquered Bihar and Western Bengal.
- His childhood name was Nizam-ka.
- He founded the city of Agra in 1504 AD and moved his capital from Delhi to Agra in 1506.
- Sikandar was a fanatical Muslim and he broke the sacred images of the Jwalamukhi Temple at Nagar Kot and ordered the temples of Mathura to be destroyed.
- He reimposed Jaziya tax on Non muslims.
- He used to write poems with the pen name “ Gulrukhi”.
- He took a keen interest in the development of agriculture. He introduced the Gaz-i-Sikandari ( Sikandar’s yard) of 32 digits for measuring cultivated fields.
- Vasco da Gama came during his reign ( 17 May 1498).
Ibrahim Lodi (1517-1526)
- He was the last king of the Lodi Dynasty and the last Sultan of Delhi.
- He was the son of Sikandar Lodi.
- At last Daulat Khan Lodi, the governor of Punjab invited Babur to overthrow Ibrahim Lodi.
- Babur accepted the offer and inflicted a crushing defeat on Ibrahim Lodi in the first battle of Panipat in 1526.
- He was the only Sultan who died on the battlefield.