Here is a list of all the current affairs of May 2023. It covers all the important current affairs related to sports, appointments, and national and International news.
If you are an aspirant preparing for the upcoming government exams. It will greatly help you in the last moment of revision before your exam.
We have covered the most important event that took place in the month of May 2023 in one-liner form. And tried to put current affairs as simply as we can, so you can easily remember them.
One liner Current Affairs of May 2023
Read below a compilation of significant national and international events from May 2023 in concise one-liner form, suitable for exam preparation:
- Sapta Shakti command of the Indian Army conducted the exercise ‘Sudarshan Shakti 2023’ along the western borders in Rajasthan and Punjab.
- According to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), Over 7% is India’s projected economic growth rate for FY23.
- Three Indian peacekeepers are set to be honored with the U.N.’s Dag Hammarskjold medal.
- The National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) has constituted an 11-member Cheetah Project Steering Committee. This committee is headed by Rajesh Gopal.
- Mukesh Ambani has joined the advisory Committee to the President of the 28th Session of the Conference of the Parties (COP28).
- In May 2023, Telangana achieved 100% coverage of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana.
- The Chief Minister of Rajasthan has launched Jungle Safari in Jaisamand Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Jharkhand has launched its first air ambulance service in India.
- Mata Ni Pachedi textile art form of Gujarat has received a GI tag.
- Heritage Festival 2023 started in Goa.
- MISHTI scheme introduced in the Union Budget 2023-24 for mangrove conservation
- Odisha has begun a Backward Class survey after Bihar.
- India has overtaken Saudi Arabia as Europe’s top refinery supplier, according to Kpler.
- Devendra Fadnavis unveiled Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj’s statue in Mauritius.
- Darbhanga City has emerged as the top airport under the UDAN Scheme.
- Cyclone Mocha hit India’s Eastern Coast. The name was given by Yemen.
- The Ministry of Home Affairs introduced Millet in the meals of the Indian Armed Forces.
- The newly launched Dawgi Land Port aimed at enhancing trade relations between India and Bangladesh.
- Assam in India will be home to the country’s first International Multimodal Logistics Park.
- Mission Life is the motto of World Environment Day.
- The Kaladan Multi-Modal Transit Project was jointly identified by India and Myanmar.
- The Petersberg Dialogue on Climate Change was held in Berlin.
- Project Sanjay was initiated by the Indian Army to transform itself into a “future-ready, technology-driven, lethal and agile force”.
- INS Magar, an Indian Navy ship was decommissioned in May 2023 after 36 years of service.
- The ‘Haunted Heritage Walk’ in Delhi kicked off from Malcha Mahal.
- Arab League readmitted Syria after a suspension of over a decade.
- The Hare Krishna Heritage Tower is located in Hyderabad, Telangana.
- Tungnath Temple was declared a national monument in Uttarakhand.
- Uttar Pradesh has become the first to make digital health cards for children.
- Indonesia is hosting the 42nd ASEAN Summit.
- The government panel proposed to ban diesel 4-wheeler vehicles by 2027.
- India and Thailand recently conducted the 35th Indo-Thai Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT) exercise.
- The 6th ‘Indian Ocean Conference’ was hosted in Dhaka Bangladesh.
- Harit Sagar is the name of the green port guidelines launched by the Ministry of Ports, Shipping & Waterways in 2023.
- India Post launched the “Bharat E-Mart Portal”.
- ‘Monlam Chenmo’ is a festival celebrated primarily in Ladakh.
- The 4-day Millet Festival is set to begin in Dehradun.
- Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, Jagan Mohan Reddy inaugurated the “Sea Harrier Museum” in Visakhapatnam.
- Chief Minister Tamil Nadu, M. K. Stalin introduced a natural fertilizer named “Chelippu”.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI)has launched the ‘100 Days 100 Pays’ campaign.
- The Sanchar Saathi Portal is launched by the Central Government to help people track and trace their mobile phones.
- Kerala has become the first state in the country to have a drone surveillance system in all police districts in the state.
- The Bura Chapori Wildlife Sanctuary is located in Assam.
- Pushkar Singh Dhami inaugurated the National Homoeopathic Convention ‘Homeocon 2023’.
- Kerala is set to become the first to have an employment guarantee workers’ welfare fund.
- Pahal is an online education program that was inaugurated for rural children.
- Operation Karuna is the name of the operation, India has taken an initiative to aid those affected by Cyclone Mocha in Myanmar.
- Begumpet Airport in Hyderabad, Wings India 2024 will be held from 18th to 21st January 2024.
- Madhya Pradesh has become the first to provide air travel for pilgrims under the Mukhyamantri Teerthdarshan Yojana.
- Union Minister Hardeep S Puri launched the campaign ‘Meri LiFE, Mera Swachh Shehar’.
- CM MK Stalin has inaugurated one of India’s longest Skywalk bridges, which spans 570 meters in length and 4.2 meters in width.
- The ’75/25 Initiative’ was launched by the Union Health Ministry for people with hypertension and diabetes.
- Maharashtra became the first state in the country to approve the Good Governance Regulation.
- The joint naval exercise ‘Tiger Shark 40’ took place in Chattogram, Bangladesh.
- In 2025 year, Nepal will be observed as ‘special tourism.
- Hari Budhamagar, achieved the remarkable feat of summiting Mt Everest with artificial limbs.
- ISRO has launched a new navigation satellite NVS-01.
- CM Jagan Mohan Reddy launched the Machilipatnam port works, worth Rs 5156 crore, in Andhra Pradesh.
- Zimbabwe has topped Hanke’s Annual Unhappiness Index released recently.
- In the Global Supercomputing list, India’s AI supercomputer ‘AIRAWAT’ was ranked at 75th position.
- Kerala has become the first fully e-governed state, achieving total e-governance.
- President Droupadi Murmu inaugurated the country’s largest High Court in Jharkhand.
- The Maharashtra Government launched the ‘Shasan Aplya Dari’ initiative.
- Russia has introduced GigaChat to compete with OpenAI’s ChatGPT.
- Arjun Vajpai has achieved a significant feat by becoming the first Indian man to reach the summit of Mt. Annapurna 1.
- Amitabh Kant has authored the book “MADE IN INDIA:75 Years of Business and Enterprise”.
- The title of the book written by Kasturi Ray is “Droupadi Murmu: From Tribal Hinterlands to Raisina Hills”.
- Telangana state government has launched the country’s first “Robotics Framework”.
- IIT Madras has collaborated with DRDO to develop technology for underwater acoustic sensors.
- In Delhi, drones deliver blood bags for the first time in India.
- Chhatrapati Sambhaji Maharaj Coastal Road is the proposed name for the Mumbai Coastal Road.
- Bank of Baroda has recently launched Electronic Bank Guarantee on its digital platform.
- Bhopal has become the first city to track progress towards meeting the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- India’s largest tunnel aquarium, ‘Aqua Marine Park,’ is going to be established in Hyderabad.
- Gauri Khan unveiled her book ‘My Life in Design’.
- Himachal Pradesh state government has launched a ‘Him Data Portal’ a common digital platform to integrate data of all organizations for the deliverance of welfare schemes and to better serve the public.
- Andhra Pradesh has introduced an e-chits app to ensure better regulation of the chit fund business.
- Tata Company has become Apple’s first local iPhone manufacturing partner in the country.
- ICICI Bank has partnered with Zomato to launch Zomato UPI.
- The Golden Years is the title of Ruskin Bond’s latest book.
- Jharkhand is set to launch the ‘Mukhyamantri Gramin Gaadi Yojana’.
- INS Tarkash and INS Subhadra have arrived in Saudi Arabia to
- kickstart the AL-MOHED AL-HINDI 2023 Naval Exercise.
- Recently BSNL has tied up with TCS to set up a 4G network in India.
- Adidas has been named the new kit sponsor for the Indian cricket team.
- The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Palau awarded Prime Minister Modi with the “Ebakl” award.
- Madhya Pradesh government has announced the establishment of ‘Maharana Pratap Lok’ in Bhopal.
- China has recently taken over the title of the world’s largest car exporter from Japan.
- Ireland is set to become the first in the world to introduce health warnings on alcohol.
- Microsoft has launched the multilingual chatbot, Jugalbandi, for rural India.
Monthly Sports Current Affairs
Every month many of the sports events take place in India and throughout the world. It has been seen in the government exams. The examiners like to ask questions about the sport’s current affairs. So we have listed all the important sports and their players’ achievements.
- Luca Brecel won the snooker World Championship title.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has topped Forbes’ 2023 highest-paid athletes List.
- Kalaripayattu, a traditional martial art, has been officially included in the 37th National Games 2023.
- HS Prannoy won the Malaysia Masters Badminton Championship 2023 title.
- Carlos Alcaraz won the Madrid Open Title.
- Rhythm Sangwan won the bronze medal in the ISSF World Cup 2023 from India.
- Rashid Khan has become the first spinner in the world to take 550 wickets in T20 cricket.
- Praneeth from Telangana became the 82nd Grandmaster of India.
- The Hockey Haryana team won the Sub Junior Women National Championship 2023 in hockey.
- Elena Rybakina clinched the women’s singles title at the Italian Open.
- The gold medal has been won by India’s long jumper Murali Sreesankar in International Jumping Meeting.
- Bindyarani Devi won the silver medal in the 55kg category at the Asian Weightlifting Championships.
- The Indian racer Jaden Pariat has become the first to finish on the podium in Britain F4 Championship.
- Mairaj Ahmad Khan and Ganemat Sekhon won Gold for India in ISSF Shotgun World Cup in Cairo, Egypt.
- Virat Kohli has become the first batsman to score 7000 runs in the Indian Premier League (IPL).
- Neeraj Chopra won the Diamond League 2023 tournament.
- Lionel Messi won the 2023 Laureus World Sportsman of the Year Award.
- Fakhar Zaman (men’s) and Narumol Chaiwai (women’s) have recently been selected as the ICC Player of the Month for April 2023.
- Qatar has been selected to host the men’s basketball World Cup in 2027.
- Yuzvendra Chahal has become the highest wicket-taker in the history of the Indian Premier League (IPL).
- Yashasvi Jaiswal has scored the fastest 50 in the history of the Indian Premier League (IPL) in just 13 balls.
- Shubman Gill became the only cricketer in history to score a century in Test, ODIs, T20I, and Indian Premier League in a calendar year.
- The gold medal was won by Jyoti Yaraji in women’s 100 meters hurdles recently.
- Chennai is set to host the Squash World Cup 2023.
- At the Golden Grand Prix 2023, Shaili Singh won the bronze medal in the women’s long jump.
All the important appointments on May 2023 are included in this section. It covers only the most important appointments that are expected to be asked in exams.
- Santiago Peña has won the presidential election in Paraguay.
- Geeta Rao Gupta has been confirmed as the US envoy for global women’s issues.
- Siddaramaiah was elected as the Chief Minister of Karnataka.
- Manoj Soni has been appointed as the Chairman of UPSC.
- Siddhartha Mohanty has been named as the Chairperson and first CEO of LIC.
- Ayushmann Khurrana has recently been signed as the brand ambassador for Wakefit.
- Duroflex company has announced Virat Kohli as its new brand Ambassador.
- Air Marshal Ashutosh Dixit took over as the Deputy Chief of the Air Staff.
- Mukesh Ambani has been appointed as the President of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for the term 2023-24.
- Shah Rukh Khan is the new brand ambassador of Realme.
Awards and Honors
Awards and Honors given this month of May 2023 are listed below. Go through them once, it will be helpful for you for your preparation.
- Uttar Pradesh’s Swachh Bharat Mission (Urban) has been awarded the HUDCO Award.
- N Chandrasekaran is conferred with France’s highest civilian award from the Tata Group.
- Bihar was ranked third in the country in the category of the best state in the National Water Awards 2022 by the Union Ministry of Jal Shakti.
- Narendra Modi was recently conferred with the highest honors of Fiji and Papua New Guinea.
- Georgy Gospodinov has been awarded the International Booker Prize 2023.
- The winner of the Leipzig Book Prize is Maria Stepanova.
- Jayant Narlikar has received ‘Govind Swaroop Puraskar 2023’.
- Writer Arinze Ifeakandu was announced as the winner of the Dylan Thomas Prize 2023 for his debut book ‘God’s Children Are Little Broken Things’.’Gauri’ wins ‘Best Long Documentary Award’: The documentary “Gauri”, directed by Kavitha Lankesh, has received the “Best Long Documentary Award” at the South Asian Film Festival of Montreal 2023.
Important days of May
All the important days of May along with their theme are given below. This monthly one-liner current affairs format will help you in learning both static gk and current affairs.
- International Labour Day is celebrated on May 1 every year.
- World Press Freedom Day is observed on 3rd May.
- World Red Cross Day is observed on 8th May 2023.
- National Technology Day is celebrated on 11th May.
- International Nurses Day is observed on 12 May.
- World Migratory Bird Day is celebrated on May 13, 2023.
- The 7th UN Global Road Safety Week takes place between 15-21 May.
- International Day for Biological Diversity is celebrated on May 22.
- World Turtle Day is celebrated on 23rd May.
- World Athletics Day is observed on 7th May 2023.
- India observes the National Anti-Terrorism Day on May 21.
Read More: Febuary 2023 Current affairs
Current affairs of May 2023-PDF
Here is the pdf for the important current affairs for May 2023. You can download this pdf for your quick revision of the current affairs. It covers all the topics of current affairs.