We Daily GK Update provide the latest and fully updated Current Affairs of the September month, along with the static Gk related to that topic. It will be helpful for those students who are preparing for government examinations. Current Affairs weightage is increasing day by day in all the exams like UPSC, PCS, CDS, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, BANKING AND RAILWAY NTPC, etc.
This blog will be helpful for the quick revision of current affairs, as we have tried to put this in the one liner form. It covers topics like important appointments, Important days and awards given in the month of September 2021.
We are also providing the pdf file for the September month current affairs. You can download by clicking on the link below or you can join our telegram group.
Current Affairs of September month with pdf
- Goa became the first state to provide a free Drinking water Scheme. The theme is “Save water to get free water”.
- World highest motorable road inaugurated in Ladakh. It is above 18600 feet above sea level in Umlingla Pass, the highest pass is Camlinga pass but this pass is not motorable.
- The Indian Army participated in the multinational military exercise “ZAPAD 2021” hosted by Russia.
- Defence Expo 2022 will be held in Gujarat, Gandhinagar. It will be the 12th edition with the theme of “Make in India, Make for world”. Africa will be the guest country.
- Guru Ghasidas National Park of Chhatisgharh became India’s 53rd Tiger Reserve of India.
- New Science City will be made in Pune, Maharashtra named after Rajiv Gandhi. First science city is in Kolkata.
- Indo–Nepal Joint Military Training Exercise Surya Kiran 15th edition held on September 20, 2021, at Pithoragarh in Uttarakhand.
- PRANA portal launched by the environment minister Shri Rejandra Yadav to control the air pollution and make the sky clean.
- BRICS 13th summit hosted by India in virtual format on 9 sept 2021. Theme ”BRICS@15”.
- Denmark planned to create an energy island in the gulf of Manner, Tamil Nadu.
- Government inaugurated the emergency landing airstrip developed by the National Highway authority of India on NH-925A in Rajasthan.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the state of art Sardardham Bhavan at Ahmedabad.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be announcing a nationwide rollout of the Pradhan Mantri
- The World Economic Forum (WEF), based in Cologny, Geneva Canton, Switzerland, is an international NGO, founded on 24 January 1971 by Klaus Schwab.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will lay the foundation stone of Raja Mahendra Pratap Singh State University in Aligarh district of Uttar Pradesh.
- The Union Minister of State for Food Processing Industries, Prahlad Singh Patel inaugurated a Food Processing Unit of M/s Sahara Frozen Foods in Madhya Pradesh.
- First ever QUAD meeting held in the USA chaired by Joe Biden. QUAD members are India, USA, Japan and Australia.
- Mahabharat and Ramayana will be in the Engineering syllabus for the first-year graduate students, as per New Education Policy, 2020 in Madhya Pradesh.
- Chhattisgarh has announced the launch of ‘Millet Mission’, which aims to provide proper price rates to farmers for minor cereal crops
- Arjun Munda launched Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana in 36000 villages of India.
- Maitri Patel from Gujarat became the youngest commercial pilot. She is just 19 years old.
- A Modi Forest will be set up in Gujarat and 2000 trees will be planted.
- The Rajasthan Assembly passed a bill on September 17, 2021 amending the 2009 Act that provides for mandatory registration of marriages, including child marriages.
- The AUKUS group was formed to counter China. The USA will provide nuclear submarines to Australia. It is a 3 member group of Australia, USA and UK.
- ISRO is working on technologies in order to develop a reusable GSLV Mk-III launch vehicle.
- Sixth edition of the Peaceful Mission Exercise is being hosted by Russia, with the aim of fostering close relations between SCO member states.
- IIT Bombay has launched ‘Project Udaan’, a language translator, to break the language barrier in education, which hampers the flow of messages.
- The World Bank will discontinue the ease of doing business, as the proper data is not available. Last time India was at the 63rd rank in ease of doing business.
- India ranked 46th in the Global Innovation Index 2021. It is released by WIPO. 1st is Switzerland and 2nd is Sweden.
- NITI Aayog tied up with Byju’s to educate children in 112 aspirational districts.,by 2024-25.
- Durg district of Chhattisgarh to create India’s largest man made forest under Jan Van scheme named as Nandini forest.
- India and Indonesia conducted navy maritime exercise “Samundra Shakti”, from 20-22 september in Jakarta at Sunda strait between Sumatra and Java island.
- The Uttar Pradesh government will develop the electronic park on 250 acre of land in Nodia.
- Parshuram Kund will be developed in Arunachal Pradesh under PARSAD Yojana.
Sport Current Affairs of September
- Dale Steyn retired from cricket. He was the cricket player of South Africa.
- Avani Lekhara won the bronze medal in 50 m rifle shooting in the paralympics. She is the first to win two medals in a single Olympics.
- Parmod Baghat won the Gold Medal in badminton at the Paralympics.
- Emma Raducanu won the US Open tennis 2021 tournament in women, and Daniil Medvedev won this tournament in men.
- Lasith Malinga, a fast bowler of Sri Lanka has announced his retirement from all forms of cricket.
- Lewis Hamilton won F1 Russian Grand Prix 2021.
Awards given on the month of September Current Affairs
- Raman Magsaysay Award 2021 was given to the 5 people. It was the 63rd edition, Dr. Fidausi Qadri from Bangladesh was also awarded.
- Behler Turtle conservation award won by the Indian Biologist Shailendra Singh for conserving the 3 species of turtle.
- The Crown wins the 73rd PrimeTime Emmy 2021 award for Outstanding Drama Series.
- Florence Nightingale award given to Bhnumati Gheewala from Gujarat by the red cross society.
- Brigadier SV Sarasvati of Andhra Pradesh Florence Nightingale national award 2021.
- Anand Kumar was conferred with the Swami Brahmanand Award 2021 for his contribution in the field of education through his ‘Super 30’ initiative, which prepares underprivileged students for the IIT entrance exam.
- Phumzila Mlambo Ngucka got the 2021 goalkeeper award from South Africa. This award is given by the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation.
Important Days of September for Current Affairs
- International Day of Literacy is celebrated on the 8th of september, it is organised by UNESCO.
- Hindi Diwas is observed on 14th September on this day in the1949 Hindi was declared as the official language of India.
- International day of democracy is observed on 15 September. India’s democracy Index is 53.
- Ozone day is observed on 16th september. The theme for this year is “Mortreal protocol keeping us our food and vaccines cool”.
- International day of peace is celebrated on 21st September. Theme is “Recovery better for an equitable and sustainable world”
- The International Day of Sign Languages (IDSL) is celebrated annually across the world on 23rd September.
- World Rhino Day is observed on 22nd September by world wild fund, and the theme for this year is “Keep the 5 alive”.
- PM Modi rolled out the pradhan mantri Digital Health Mission on 27 September. Unique health cards will be given to everyone like aadhar.
- World Tourism day is celebrated on 27 september by UNWTO. Theme for this year is “Tourism for inclusive growth”.
Appointment in Month of September 2021
- J B Mahapatra appointed as the new director of CBDT (Central Board of Direct taxes).
- Dr. PPK Ramacharyulu was appointed as the Secretary General of the Rajya Sabha by Vinkeya Naidu.
- EXIM Bank appointed Harsha Bhupendra Bangari as the Managing Director (MD). It’s Headquarter is in Mumbai estd in 1982.
- R.N Ravi appointed as the governor of Tamil Nadu.
- Gurmit Singh was appointed as the governor of Uttarakhand.
- Jagjet Mukhi was given additional charge as the governor of Nagaland along with Assam.
- Iqbal Singh Lalpura appointed as the chairman of the National commission for Minorities.
- Rebecca Grynspan from Costa Rica became the first woman and Central American Secretary-General of the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) after taking office on September 13, 2021.
- Charanjeet Singh Chinnu appointed as the new Chief MInister of Punjab.
- Air Marshal VR Chaudhari appointed as the Chief of Air force.
- Lt General Gurbirpal Singh was appointed as the DG of NCC (National Cadet Corps).
- Fumio Kishida was appointed as the Prime Minister of Japan.